Metro

Lawn mower sparks 4-alarm barn fire in Durham, N.H.

A lawn mower caught fire Sunday night and set a 5,000-foot barn ablaze at the Harmony Homes assisted living facility in Durham, N.H., officials said.

The fire started as 5:25 p.m. and quickly spread to four alarms. Crews had the fire knocked down just before 7 p.m., Durham Fire Department spokesman John Baker said.

Advertisement

The fire was contained to the barn, which housed tools and other supplies, he said.

No residents of the facility were evacuated. Two people were taken to the hospital for treatment of unknown injuries, Baker said.

Maddie Kilgannon can be reached at maddie.kilgannon@globe.com. Follow her on Twitter @MaddieKilgannon.
Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com