Conor McGregor announced his retirement on Twitter last week, but the former UFC champ is still looking to pick a fight.
“I’ve decided to challenge Hollywood actress Mark Walhberg [sic] next,” McGregor tweeted Saturday night, whiffing on both the actor’s name and gender. “A fight for all the shares!”
Why McGregor, who, according to The New York Times, is under investigation in Ireland for alleged sexual assault, chose to challenge Wahlberg is unclear. But the “shares” he mentioned seem to refer to Mark Wahlberg’s partial ownership stake in the Ultimate Fighting Championship empire.
Back in 2016, Wahlberg told TMZ he might be willing to sell the mixed martial arts fighter a piece of his stake if McGregor “cut the check.” But by June 2018, Wahlberg told TMZ Sports there was no deal on the table.
“I need my piece” of the UFC, Marky Mark said, before sliding into his white Rolls Royce.
As of Monday afternoon, Wahlberg had yet to respond to McGregor’s tweet.
One Twitter user advised McGregor to watch the 2005 film “Four Brothers” — in which Wahlberg plays a vengeful son — and take back the challenge.
“I’ll smack him and his 4 brothers around,” McGregor replied. “It wouldn’t be the first crew of brothers i’ve smacked around. Check the history books. The UFC history books.”